If you have a car, truck, or RV that you no longer need or want, please consider turning it into a tax-deductible donation benefiting NEAVS' work to help end all animal research and get all animals out of all labs.
You can donate through the national V-DAC vehicle donation program online or by calling 877-999-8322. This is a free, quick and easy process that works with any vehicle running or not (towing is included), anywhere in the U.S.
Here’s how it works:
- After you have completed the initial process above to donate a car, V-DAC or their towing company will contact you. The towing company will schedule a convenient date to pick-up your donated car. All they will need from you is access to the vehicle, the title and any keys to the vehicle. Donating a car is as easy as that!
- Donated vehicles are sold in the wholesale auto markets, the same auto auctions used by auto dealers for trade-ins, insurance companies and fleet owners.
- Once your vehicle is sold, you will receive a Tax Deduction equal to the sales price of the vehicle, if you itemize your deductions.
- If the vehicle sold for less than $500, you can deduct the “fair market value” up to $500.
- V-DAC will send you a tax receipt or IRS Form 1098C stating what the vehicle sold for within 30 days of its sale.
- NEAVS will also thank you in writing for partnering with us and forwarding our mission to help animals.
For more information on our work to help animals in laboratories, please visit www.neavs.org/support/contribute.
Thank you for your generosity and help!